Yes, Fundbox does use multi-factor authentication (MFA / 2FA) as a security measure to help keep customer accounts safe. Please note, to use this feature, you must opt-in.
1. Log in to your Fundbox dashboard using your username and password.
2. Go to the “Settings” area of your dashboard and select “Security” and use the toggle to turn on “Two-factor authentication”.
3. On the next screen, choose how you’d like to receive your authentication code; SMS or email.
4. We’ll send a code via SMS or email, according to your preference.
5. You’ll be prompted to enter that code.
6. You'll get a notification at the top of your dashboard letting you know that two-factor authentication was activated successfully.
The next time you log in, you’ll enter your username and password and then be prompted to enter a two-factor authentication code. Your account will be more secure because even if someone else gets your username and password, unless they also have access to your email or text messages, they will not be able to log in to your account.