Yes, Fundbox does use multi-factor authentication (MFA / 2FA) as a security measure to help keep customer accounts safe. This feature is required for all new Fundbox customers, and will be required for all existing Fundbox customers in the near future.
1. Log in to your Fundbox dashboard using your username and password.
2. Go to the “Settings” area of your dashboard and select “Security” and use the toggle to turn on “Two-factor authentication”.
3. Enter in your mobile phone number, and we’ll send a code via SMS.
4. You’ll be prompted to enter that code.
5. You'll get a notification at the top of your dashboard letting you know that two-factor authentication was activated successfully.
The next time you log in, you’ll enter your username and password and then be prompted to enter a two-factor authentication code. Your account will be more secure because even if someone else gets your username and password, unless they also have access to your email or text messages, they will not be able to log in to your account.